Hugh J. Morgan Visiting Professorship Photographic Collection
Collection Scope and Content Summary
This collection features those who participated in visiting professorships in honor of Dr. Morgan. The collection of portraits covering the years 1959 to 1988 include Dr. Morgan, as well as the first named professor, C. Sidney Burwell whom Dr. Morgan succeed as chairman at Vanderbilt.
- Majority of material found within 1959 - 1988
Notes about Access to this Collection
All collections are subject to applicable Vanderbilt University privacy and confidentiality policies.
Copyright is retained by History of Medicine Collections, Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University or is retained by the authors of specific published items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
The Hugh Jackson Morgan Visiting Professorship in Medicine was established in 1959 to Honor Dr. Morgan’s service as chairman of the Department of Medicine from 1935 to 1958.
0.3 Linear Feet (1 hollinger legal box.)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of portraits of the visiting professors who presented series of lectures at Vanderbilt School of Medicine in honor of Dr. Morgan.
Collection is arranged chronologically by the year of the professorship.
Collection was acquired as a gift of the Department of Medicine, circa 2000.
Collection was likely processed shortly after acquisition in 2000. These framed items were originally part of the artifact collection, but were removed from their frames in 2015 and added to the archival collection for increased description and access.
- Burwell, C. Sidney (Charles Sidney)
- History of Medicine, 20th Cent., United States, Tennessee, Rural Health
- Morgan, Hugh Jackson
- Vanderbilt University. Dept. of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University. Medical Center (VUMC) -- History
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine -- history
- Hugh J. Morgan Visiting Professorship Photographic Collection 1959-1988
- History of Medicine Collections Staff
- January 28, 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Eskind Biomedical Library Manuscripts Collection Repository
Eskind Biomedical Library
2209 Garland Ave.
Nashville TN 37232