Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The James L. Clark Papers are composed of 1.25 linear feet of sermon typescripts, manuscripts, and writing tablets.
The Kelly Miller Smith Collection complements the Divinity School's Kelly Miller Smith Institute on the Black Church. This collection contains primary materials related to one of the most significant periods in black American history, ca. 1945-1984. Both contemporary and future scholars will view the collection as a valuable resource for inquiring into the thought and practice of Kelly Miller Smith, who was a widely esteemed black leader.
- Subject: Sermons X
- Vanderbilt University--Faculty 2
- Activists 1
- African Americans--Civil rights 1
- Civil rights--United States 1
- First Baptist Church, Capitol Hill (Nashville, Tenn.) 1
- Knights and Daughters of Tabor 1
- Nashville (Tenn.)--History 1
- Nashville Christian Leadership Council 1
- National Conference of Black Churchmen 1
- Political activists 1
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. Board of National Missions 1
- Society for the Study of Black Religion 1
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 1
- Vanderbilt University. Divinity School 1 + ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.