Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The Robert Burns Eleazer Papers (1877–1973) include correspondence and writings by Eleazer as well as newspaper clippings, course and program outlines, press releases and pamphlets. There are several autobiographical writings as well as a transcription of Mr. Eleazer being interviewed by historian John Egerton shortly before Mr. Eleazer’s death in 1973. Writings by others include reviews, articles, pamphlets and student papers.
This project records the histories and reminiscences of men and women who attended or had connections with Vanderbilt and Peabody during the war years and documents their experiences in the service and on the campus during that time and afterward when some came back to school and attended on the G.I. Bill.
This collection contains oral history interview tapes and transcripts from the Voices of Vanderbilt project. For a full list of subjects, transcripts, and interviews, contact Special Collections.
This collection contains the papers of Zapata Olivella, noted Afro-Colombian novelist, anthropologist, folklorist, physician and playwright who was known throughout Latin America as the “Dean of Black Hispanic Writers.” The collection provides a unique window on the history and society of Colombia and on people of African descent in the Americas as a whole.
- Subject: Oral history X
- African Americans--Civil rights 4
- Civil rights--United States 4
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 3
- Vanderbilt University--History 3
- Literature 2
- Vanderbilt University--Faculty 2
- Activists 1
- Business 1
- Colombia--Social life and customs 1
- Economics 1
- Education 1
- Fugitives (Group) 1
- George Peabody College for Teachers 1
- George Peabody College for Teachers--Alumni 1
- George Peabody College for Teachers--Board of Trustees 1
- George Peabody College for Teachers--Faculty 1
- George Peabody College for Teachers--History 1
- George Peabody College for Teachers--Staff 1
- Journalism 1
- Latin America 1
- Nashville (Tenn.)--History 1
- Political activists 1
- Social movements 1
- Southern States--Culture 1
- Southern States--History 1
- United States--Politics and government 1
- Universities and colleges--Mergers 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- English 8
- Spanish; Castilian 1
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.