Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 73
This collection contains newspaper clippings related to WWI and the 1915-1919 Vanderbilt football teams that Alfred Adams played for. Also included are telegrams and miscellaneous materials related to Alf Adams dating from 1917-1923.
This collection dating from 1923-1932 documents Mr. William Alford’s association with the Vanderbilt Glee Club and his time as a student of Vanderbilt University.
The Emma L. Ashford collection is comprised mostly of music composed by Mrs. Ashford, as well as by others. Mrs. Ashford’s music is in both manuscript and printed form. Most of her works contained in this collection pertain to Vanderbilt University. All the printed works of other composers in the collection relate to Vanderbilt.
This collection contains photographs and a copy of the event script at the induction of Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt into the Junior Achievement National Business Hall of Fame Banquet in New Orleans, Louisiana on April 5, 1979.
This single folder collection contains various programs and memorabilia related to Commencement and life at Vanderbilt in 1907 and 1908.
This .42 linear feet collection contains 51 items (of which 20 are photographs) relating to the lives of the Baxter and Jackson families, Nashville, and Vanderbilt University.
This collection contains 22 items comprised of 11 photograph copy prints and 11 negatives documenting the Beta Theta Pi Fraternity, Beta Lambda Chapter, at Vanderbilt University. The formal portraits are arranged by year, dating 1895-1928, with only some members identified.
The Sidney Boutwell Collection is contained within a single, flat box with the vast majority of it being photographs. Also in the collection is a more detailed biography, fraternity certificates, newspaper clippings, and a scrapbook.
The contents within this collection are three folders of Vanderbilt brochures, documents and correspondence from Brown’s time as a student.
The Margaret and Charles Buchanan Collection include an autograph album, a bound copy of the Vanderbilt Observer, newspaper clippings, reminiscences and various ephemera.
The papers of O.C. Carmichael, 3rd Chancellor of Vanderbilt, are comprised of correspondence, his writings including addresses, articles, book manuscripts and institutional reports, and other materials relating to Oliver Carmichael’s long and distinguished career in teaching, university administration, and educational consulting.
This small collection of .21 linear feet contains articles, papers, and newspaper photographs of Vanderbilt University in its early days. It also includes maps and articles from the Vanderbilt Alumnus magazine.
This collection contains 33 items in seven file folders, related to the Army ROTC at Vanderbilt University, and includes certificates, correspondence, a faculty appointment list, newspaper clippings, photographs, and a publication.
This collection contains one diary of J. S. Davis from 1914, sparsely noted. It includes general information regarding matriculation at Vanderbilt and, relative to monies received and what was paid.
- Vanderbilt University--Faculty 14
- Scrapbooks 11
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 11
- family papers 9
- Nashville (Tenn.)--History 6
- African Americans--Civil rights 5
- Education 5
- Civil rights--United States 4
- Sports 4
- Tennessee--History 4
- Women--Societies and clubs 4
- World War, 1939-1945 4
- Business 3
- Clubs 3
- Oral history 3
- United States--Politics and government 3
- Vanderbilt University--Board of Trust 3
- Activists 2
- Armed Forces 2
- Diaries 2
- George Peabody College for Teachers 2
- Lawson, James M., Jr., 1928- 2
- Literature 2
- Music 2
- Nursing 2
- Political activists 2
- Postcards 2
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers’ Training Corps 2
- Vanderbilt University--Campus 2
- Vanderbilt University. School of Nursing. 2
- Vanderbilt family 2
- Women in higher education 2
- Archaeology 1
- Chemistry 1
- Classes (Groups of students) 1
- Comparative literature 1
- Composers--United States 1
- Contract bridge--History 1
- Economics 1
- Genealogy 1
- Journalism 1
- Kappa Alpha Theta--History 1
- Law 1
- McFerrin, Mabel Lee 1
- Music -- Tennessee -- Nashville -- 19th century 1
- Music -- Tennessee -- Nashville -- 20th century 1
- Music--Manuscripts 1
- Nashville University Women's Council 1
- Native American 1
- Photographs 1
- Religion 1
- Scholarships 1
- Sheet music 1
- Social Work -- history 1
- Songbooks 1
- Southeastern Women’s Studies Association 1
- Southern States--History 1
- Staff Women's Association 1
- United States--History 1
- Universities and colleges--Honors courses 1
- Universities and colleges--Mergers 1
- Vanderbilt Aid Society 1
- Vanderbilt Family Reunion (1973) -- Archival resources 1
- Vanderbilt Garden Club 1
- Vanderbilt Garden Club for Campus Beautification 1
- Vanderbilt Girls' Club 1
- Vanderbilt History 1
- Vanderbilt Professional Women 1
- Vanderbilt Theatre 1
- Vanderbilt University 1
- Vanderbilt University -- Songs and music 1
- Vanderbilt University Centennial Celebration -- Archival resources 1
- Vanderbilt University--Football 1
- Vanderbilt University--Reunions 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Pharmacy. 1
- Vanderbilt University. Divinity School 1
- Vanderbilt University. Law School 1
- Vanderbilt Woman's Club--History 1
- Vanderbilt Women's Center 1
- Vanderbilt Women's Faculty Organization 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- Women political activists 1
- Women's Concerns Exploration Group 1
- Women’s rights 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- Yacht racing 1
- educational institutions 1
- organizations (groups) 1
- sororities 1 ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.