Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 127
One folder of correspondence between Dr. Daniel Abbey's son (Stanton T. Abbey) and Rudolph Kampmeier regarding the donation to the Medical School of Dr. Abbey's University of Nashville diploma (Dr. of Medicine) granted in 1855 and signed by the Medical faculty. A copy of the diploma along with a translation are included in the folder.
Newspaper clipping, correspondence relating to Dr. Allison's appointment to Vanderbilt University staff, CV, convocation program.
Obituary Notice of Dr. James E. Anderson, Jr.
File contains article from the VUMC Reporter on the nerve reseach growth factor and the photograph of Dr. Arildsen used in the article
6 newspaper clippings.
Personal papers of Dr. Theodore Austin, including letters, memorabilia, and photographs. The collection also includes biographical information about Dr. Austin.
Photographs and biographical materials of Dr. Austin used for an exhibition about his life and career.
This .21 linear feet collection contains four reel-to-reel tapes, a transcript of the tapes, transcript from a diary kept by Roy Crowdy Avery during World War I, newspaper clippings, and a manuscript titled, “The Background on the Discovery of Histoplasmosis”.
Three photograph clippings with captions.
Three photographs with corresponding negatives.
Biographical file includes Vanderbilt School of Medicine student records, an obituary, receipts, and an academic article reprint.
Biographical file includes one photograph of Dr. Branscomb when he was Resident Physician, 1952-1953.
Personal papers of Vanderbilt professor and surgeon Barney Brooks. Materials include: correspondence, photographs,scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, speeches, manuscripts, reprints, and teaching clinics.
File includes two photographs, a scholarly chapter on nursing education, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes an obituary published in VUMC Reporter (June 24, 2004).
Biographical file contains one letter, one newspaper clipping, and an obituary. Margaret Buchanan donated several scrapbooks to the 300th General Hospital Collection which is a part of the Medical Center Archives housed in the Eskind Library Archives.
File contains one magazine article.
Personal papers of Lucius Burch, Vanderbilt alum, Dean of the Medical School and chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. This collection consists primarily of Burch's diaries covering the period 1921-1959, also includes some family correspondence, newspaper clippings, and photographs.
Biographical file contains Calhoun's curriculum vitae.
- VUMC Historical Images and Biographies 101
- Eskind Biomedical Library Manuscripts Collection 25
- Vanderbilt University Special Collections 1
- Vanderbilt University. Medical Center (VUMC) -- History 67
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 66
- Women in Medicine 36
- Medicine 29
- Military Medicine 23
- Surgery 16
- Nursing 14
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine 13
- Pediatrics 11
- Preventive Medicine 11
- Medical Education 10
- Epidemiology/Public Health 8
- Tennessee History 8
- Vanderbilt History 8
- Internal Medicine 7
- Pathology 6
- Professional Associations 6
- Cardiology 5
- Endocrinology 5
- Meharry Medical College 5
- Obstetrics/Gynecology 5
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine -- history 5
- African Americans in Medicine 4
- Anatomy 4
- Cellular/Molecular Biology 4
- Infectious Diseases 4
- Psychiatry 4
- Surgery -- history 4
- Biochemistry 3
- Health Administration 3
- Nutrition 3
- Education, Medical -- Tennessee 2
- Hematology 2
- Histoplasmosis 2
- History of Medicine 2
- Oncology 2
- Pharmacology/Toxicology 2
- Physiology 2
- Psychology 2
- Urology 2
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine -- Faculty -- Biography -- Sources 2
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine -- History -- Sources 2
- Vanderbilt University. Dept. of Medicine 2
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine. Dept. of Pediatrics 2
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine. Dept. of Psychiatry 2
- Anatomy -- history 1
- Anesthesiology 1
- Biology 1
- Chemistry 1
- Cookery 1
- Cushing Syndrome 1
- Dentistry 1
- Dermatology 1
- Diabetes Mellitus 1
- Dietetics -- history 1
- Education, Medical 1
- Emergency Medicine 1
- Fascia 1
- History of Medicine, 20th Cent., United States, Tennessee, Rural Health 1
- Librarians 1
- Libraries, Medical 1
- Library and Information Technology 1
- Mason, Karl E. 1
- Medical Informatics 1
- Muscular Dystrophies 1
- Neurology 1
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital 1
- Orthopedics 1
- Otolaryngology 1
- Pediatrics -- history 1
- Physicians -- Tennessee -- Nashville -- Biography -- Sources 1
- Psychoanalysis 1
- Pulmonology 1
- Radiology 1
- Reticuloendotheliosis 1
- Science 1
- United States. Public Health Service. Office of the Surgeon General 1
- University of Nashville 1
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni Association 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine. Library 1
- Vitamins 1
- Women's Health 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Biography -- Sources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1 + ∧ less
- Austin, Theodore Roe 2
- Clark, Sam Lillard 2
- Hollender, Marc H. (Marc Hale) 2
- Morgan, Hugh Jackson 2
- Abbey, Daniel 1
- Abbey, Stanton T. 1
- Baehr, George 1
- Blalock, Alfred 1
- Blanton, Smiley 1
- Brooks, Barney 1
- Burch, Lucius E. 1
- Burwell, C. Sidney (Charles Sidney) 1
- Chapman, John E. 1
- Chick, Harriette, Dame 1
- Christie, Amos 1
- Copping, Alice Mary 1
- Cullen, Glenn Ernest 1
- Cunningham, Eileen R. (Eileen Roach) 1
- Cunningham, R. S. (Robert Sydney) 1
- Darrach, Marjorie J. 1
- Doe, Janet 1
- Felts, Philip W. 1
- Fishbein, Morris 1
- Foshee, J. Clinton (John Clinton) 1
- Freer, Arden 1
- Green, Bryant 1
- Hunt, John Scott 1
- Kampmeier, Rudolph H. (Rudolph Herman) 1
- Kampmeier, Rudolph H. (Rudolph Herman), 1898- 1
- Kampmeier, Rudolph H. Kampmeier RH 1
- Leathers, Waller S. (Waller Smith) 1
- Liddle, Grant 1
- Liddle, Grant W. Liddle GW 1
- Luton, Frank Harper 1
- Marshall, Mary Louise 1
- Mason, Karl Ernest 1
- McCay, Clive Maine 1
- McCollum, Elmer Verner 1
- Mendel , Lafayette B. (Lafayette Benedict) 1
- Moore, Merrill (Austin Merrill Moore) 1
- Noyes, Marcia Crocker 1
- Oates, John A. 1
- Park, Edwards A. (Edwards Albert) 1
- Riley, Harris D. 1
- Rivers, Thomas M. (Thomas Milton) 1
- Robinson, George Canby 1
- Roth, WIlliam F. 1
- Spencer, Frank C Spencer FC 1
- Strode, George K. 1
- Todhunter, E. Neige (Elizabeth Neige) 1
- Troxel, Wilma 1
- Witt, W. H. (William Henry) 1
- Youmans, John B. Youmans JB 1 + ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.