Showing Collections: 181 - 200 of 437
Biographical file includes photographs.
Biographical file includes photographs, academic article, magazine article, correspondence, and speech.
Biographical file includes photographs, academic articles, magazine article, generous correspondence, notes, several biographical sketches/bibliographies, reprints, obituary, news clippings, and other biographical information.
Personal papers of surgeon and Vanderbilt professor William D. Haggard, Jr. Materials include: correspondence; biographical material; Senate testimony; clippings; photographs; brochures and pamphlets; reprints; manuscripts; speeches; case studies; awards and certificates; and scrapbooks. Correspondents include: Max Thorek, W. W. Keen, Charles H. Mayo. Dr. Haggard was president of the American Medical Association and the Southern Surgical Association.
Biographical file includes several photographs, collection guides, sketches, articles, news clipping, and other biographical information on both Dr. Haggard and his father.
Biographical file includes obituary, academic article, and correspondence.
Biographical file includes obituaries and newspaper articles about Dr. and Mrs. George Weeks Hale.
Biographical file includes obituaries, photographs, and news clippings.
Biographical file includes photographs, correspondence, articles, curriculum vitae, news clipping, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes news clipping.
Biographical file includes several photographs, negatives, news and magazine clippings, recollections, academic papers, correspondence, Harrison papers collection inventory, convocation program, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes news clippings, photograph, and reprints from The History of Medicine in Alabama
Biographical file includes news clippings, curriculum vitae, correspondence, and other biographical materials.
Biographical file includes a news clipping and a section of a 1961 Nashville Tennessean Magazine.
Biographical file includes photographs, negatives, obituaries, relevant newspaper clippings, curriculm vitaes, and several letters concerning his time serving the Medical Center Library Committee.
File contains an obituary and a memorial service program.
Biograpghical file includess photographs, articles, and biographical material concerning Chancellor Alexander Heard.
Biographical file includes news clippings, curriculum vitae, and biographical sketches.
Biographical file includes several articles on the history of surgery, especially gastro-intestinal surgery, authored by Dr. Herrington; material on the history of medicine in Nashville; CV; original drawing by A. Rees, medical illustrator used to illustrate one of Dr. Herrington's articles; and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes photographs.
- Subject: VUMC History X
- VUMC Historical Images and Biographies 419
- Eskind Biomedical Library Manuscripts Collection 18
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 174
- Surgery 65
- Tennessee History 33
- Vanderbilt History 32
- Women in Medicine 32
- Pediatrics 31
- Pathology 28
- Biochemistry 27
- Nursing 26
- Professional Associations 26
- Medical Education 25
- Obstetrics/Gynecology 25
- Medicine 20
- Pharmacology/Toxicology 18
- Health Administration 17
- Physiology 16
- Cardiology 15
- Epidemiology/Public Health 15
- Oncology 15
- Anatomy 14
- Cellular/Molecular Biology 12
- Meharry Medical College 12
- Infectious Diseases 11
- Orthopedics 11
- Preventive Medicine 11
- Ophthalmology 8
- Anesthesiology 7
- Library and Information Technology 7
- Neurology 7
- Endocrinology 6
- Radiology 6
- Urology 6
- Chemistry 5
- Dermatology 5
- Molecular/Cellular Biology 5
- Science 5
- Biology 4
- Genetics/Developmental Biology 4
- African Americans in Medicine 3
- Hematology 3
- Nephrology 3
- Otolaryngology 3
- Psychology 3
- Dentistry 2
- Ethics 2
- Geriatrics 2
- Pulmonology 2
- Tuberculosis 2
- Women's Health 2
- Anesthesiology -- history 1
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (U.S.) 1
- Cardiology -- history 1
- Cardiovascular Diseases 1
- Communicable Diseases 1
- Emergency Medicine 1
- Gastroenterology 1
- Goodpasture, Ernest William, 1886-1960 1
- HIV/AIDS 1
- Heart Catheterization/history 1
- History of Medicine, 20th Cent., United States, Tennessee, Rural Health 1
- Immunology/Allergy 1
- Influenza 1
- Librarians 1
- Libraries, Medical 1
- Medical Informatics 1
- Nutrition 1
- Pathology -- history 1
- Public Health -- history -- Tennessee 1
- Rheumatology 1
- Schistosomiasis 1
- Student Health Coalition 1
- Surgery -- history 1
- Tennessee. Dept. of Health and Environment -- history 1
- Vanderbilt University. Center for Health Services 1
- Vanderbilt University. Dept. of Medicine 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine -- history 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine. Library 1 + ∧ less
- West, Olin 2
- Adkins, R. Benton, Jr. 1
- Bass, Allan D. 1
- Billings, F. Tremaine (Frederic Tremaine) 1
- Brooks, Barney 1
- Burwell, C. Sidney (Charles Sidney) 1
- Christman, Luther P. 1
- Collins, Robert D., M.D. 1
- Cunningham, Eileen R. (Eileen Roach) 1
- Darby, William J. (WIlliam Jefferson) 1
- Darrach, Marjorie J. 1
- Doe, Janet 1
- Friesinger, Gottlieb C. II 1
- Gillespie, Mary Ross 1
- Goodpasture, Ernest William 1
- Gregg, Alan 1
- Gwathmey, James Tayloe 1
- Haggard, WIlliam D. (William David) 1
- Haid, B. 1
- Hektoen, Ludvig 1
- Jackson, Dennis E. (Dennis Emerson) 1
- Kampmeier, Rudolph H. Kampmeier RH 1
- Keen, William W. (William Williams) 1
- Lamson, Paul Dudley 1
- Leathers, Waller S. (Waller Smith) 1
- Leroy, Louis 1
- Liddle, Grant W. Liddle GW 1
- Limbird, Lee, Ph.D 1
- Lindsley, John Berrien 1
- Long, Crawford Williamson 1
- Longcope, Warfield T. (Warfield Theobald) 1
- Marshall, Mary Louise 1
- Mayo, Charles H. (Charles Horace) 1
- Mellanby, Edward, Sir 1
- Morgan, Hugh Jackson 1
- Noyes, Marcia Crocker 1
- Page, Harry L., Jr. (Harry Lee) (1934-2022) 1
- Pittinger, Charles B. 1
- Robbins, Benjamin Howard 1
- Robinson, George Canby 1
- Scott, H. William (Henry William) 1
- Sharpiro, John L. Shapiro JL 1
- Soupart,Pierre Soupart P 1
- Spickard, Anderson 1
- Stoney WS 1
- Thorek, Max 1
- Troxel, Wilma 1
- Whipple, George Hoyt 1
- Wiegand, David A. 1
- Youmans, John B. Youmans JB 1 + ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.