Showing Collections: 81 - 97 of 97
Biographical file includes a photograph and Southern Surgical Association annual meeting transactions from 1968.
Biographical file includes photographs of Dr. Savage and family,correspondence, obituary, excerpts from Southern Medical Association's 50 year anniversary publication, author's copy of Opthalmic Neuo-Myology with hand written corrections and additions, 8 printing plates for illustrations contained in Opthalmic Neuro-Myology, copy of "Jefferson Medical College Souvenir of the Class of 1878" published in 1898 and containing a biographical entry of Dr. Savage.
Biographical file includes photographs of Dr. Scott and colleagues, obituary, speeches, correspondence, numerous reprinted journal articles, CVs, newspaper clippings, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes an obituary for Dr. Wilbourn Coupery Shands.
Personal papers of urologist, surgeon, and Vanderbilt professor Harry S. Shelley. Materials include: reprints, clippings, journals, manuscripts; notes; photographs. The material in the collection pertains primarily to the history of medicine.
Biographical file includes an obituary of Dr. Harrison H. Shoulders, Jr.
Biographical file includes photographs, a 'Who's Who' listing, American Medical Association information, and newspaper clippings.
Biographical file includes photographs, Vanderbilt Magazine, reprinted journal articles, American Association for the Advancement of Science, newspaper clippings, VUMC Reporter articles, CV, obituary, and a DVD and cassette video interview (1 hour in length).
File contains photographs and biographical articles and transcript of an interview conducted on April 19, 1999
File contains photographs, reprints, CV, correspondence, CD and DVD disks.
File contains newspaper clippings, biographical articles, reprints, photographs, and diagrams.
Invitation to a tribute to Dr. Lester F. Williams, Jr; copy of obituary placed in the Tennessean.
- Subject: Surgery X
- VUMC Historical Images and Biographies 87
- Eskind Biomedical Library Manuscripts Collection 10
- Surgery 96
- Vanderbilt University. Medical Center (VUMC) -- History 65
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 53
- Professional Associations 14
- Tennessee History 9
- Obstetrics/Gynecology 8
- Orthopedics 6
- Surgery -- history 6
- Cardiology 5
- Meharry Medical College 5
- Urology 5
- Neurology 4
- Vanderbilt History 4
- Anatomy 3
- Medicine 3
- Pediatrics 3
- Physiology 3
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine -- history 3
- African Americans in Medicine 2
- Nursing 2
- Pathology 2
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine 2
- Anesthesiology 1
- Endocrinology 1
- Fascia 1
- Geriatrics 1
- History of Medicine 1
- Library and Information Technology 1
- Medical Education 1
- Military Medicine 1
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital 1
- Oncology 1
- Ophthalmology 1
- Pharmacology/Toxicology 1
- Science 1
- Urology -- history 1
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine -- Faculty -- Biography -- Sources 1
- Women in Medicine 1 + ∧ less
- Adkins, R. Benton, Jr. 1
- Bahnson, Henry T. , 1920- 1
- Brooks, Barney 1
- Bryan, Worcester Allen 1
- Burch, Lucius E. 1
- Foshee, J. Clinton (John Clinton) 1
- Haggard, WIlliam D. (William David) 1
- Keen, William W. (William Williams) 1
- Mayo, Charles H. (Charles Horace) 1
- Scott, H. William (Henry William) 1
- Shelley, Harry S. 1
- Spencer, Frank C Spencer FC 1
- Stoney WS 1
- Stoney, William S., 1928- 1
- Thorek, Max 1 + ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.