Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection contains the papers of former Governor of Tennessee, Secretary of Education, and U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander. Currently, only the material predating Alexander's tenure as Senator (pre-2002) is processed for research use. Processing of the Senatorial Papers is expected to be completed in Fall 2023. Please contact Special Collections with access inquiries related to Senate materials.
The Southern Politics Collection, given by Alexander Heard in February 1982, consists of drafts and research materials for Southern Politics in State and Nation by V.O. Key, Jr., and A Two-Party South?, by Alexander Heard, together with transcripts of interviews on Southern politics used in the preparation of both these works.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Political and social views 1
- Authors, American -- Southern States -- Biography -- Sources 1
- College presidents 1
- Educational law and legislation--Tennessee 1
- Elections 1
- Elections--Southern States 1
- Elections--United States 1
- Governors -- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century 1
- Governors' spouses 1
- Governors--United States--Election 1
- Nashville (Tenn.)--History 1
- Political campaigns--Law and legislation 1
- Political campaigns--United States--Case studies 1
- Political campaigns--United States--History 1
- Political parties--Southern States 1
- Presidents--United States--Election--1996 1
- Presidents--United States--Election--2000 1
- Southern States--Culture 1
- Southern States--Politics and government--1951- 1
- Tennessee--Genealogy 1
- Tennessee--History 1
- Tennessee--Politics and government 1
- United States--Politics and government 1
- United States. Congress--Elections 1
- United States. Department of Education. Office of the Secretary 1
- University of Tennessee (Knoxville campus) 1
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 1 ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.