Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
This collection contains the papers of former Governor of Tennessee, Secretary of Education, and U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander. Currently, only the material predating Alexander's tenure as Senator (pre-2002) is processed for research use. Processing of the Senatorial Papers is expected to be completed in Fall 2023. Please contact Special Collections with access inquiries related to Senate materials.
The Donald Davidson Papers (1906 - 1968) include correspondence and writings by Davidson as well as reviews, research materials, publications materials, publicity for books, legal and financial documents, family records, newspaper clippings and photographs, segregation materials, and manuscripts of writings by others. The bulk of the materials come from the 1920's through the 1960's.
The John Egerton Papers, 1950s-2003, include correspondence, manuscripts of writings, speeches, research materials, publication materials, publicity for books, reviews, legal and financial documents, memorabilia, clippings and photographs, programs from cultural events, scrapbooks and periodicals on race relations and school desegregation, and audio and video tapes.
This .42 linear feet collection contains 26 file folders arranged in alphabetical order.
This collection contains an address, biographical and collection details, journal articles, and a manuscript relating to General Gates P. Thruston.
Please note that additional information regarding ‘The Thruston Collection’ is located in the Secretary of the University Records, RG 900, under Robert McGaw.
- Nashville (Tenn.)--History 14
- Southern States--Culture 9
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 6
- Journalism 5
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 3
- African Americans--Civil rights 2
- Civil rights--United States 2
- Native American 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Slavery 2
- United States--History 2
- United States--Politics and government 2
- Vanderbilt University--Board of Trust 2
- antebellum 2
- Agrarians (Group of writers) 1
- Archaeology 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Political and social views 1
- Authors, American -- Southern States -- Biography -- Sources 1
- Business 1
- College presidents 1
- Economics 1
- Educational law and legislation--Tennessee 1
- Elections 1
- Elections--Southern States 1
- Elections--United States 1
- Engineering 1
- Fugitives (Group) 1
- Geology 1
- Governors -- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century 1
- Governors' spouses 1
- Governors--United States--Election 1
- History, Ancient 1
- Literature 1
- Maps 1
- Music 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Political campaigns--Law and legislation 1
- Political campaigns--United States--Case studies 1
- Political campaigns--United States--History 1
- Political parties--Southern States 1
- Presidents--United States--Election--1996 1
- Presidents--United States--Election--2000 1
- Southern States--Politics and government 1
- Southern States--Politics and government--1951- 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) 1
- Tennessee--Genealogy 1
- Tennessee--Politics and government 1
- United States. Congress--Elections 1
- United States. Department of Education. Office of the Secretary 1
- University of Tennessee (Knoxville campus) 1
- Vanderbilt University--History 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- family papers 1 ∧ less
- Davidson, Donald 1
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.