Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 105
Biographical file includes photograph, Vanderbilt directory information/records, numerous letters of correspondence, and other Litterer Family biographical information.
Biographical file includes a manuscript written by Dr. Marshall's son, Ben Marshall, Jr., concerning his father's experiences as a surgeon during World War II. Copies of Dr. Marshall's original letters concerning his war experiences are included, as are many photographs.
File includes a brief biography of Matthews and his involvement with Vanderbilt Medical School.
Biographical file includes photographs, bibliography, obituaries, news clippings, several academic journal articles, programs, history of Vanderbilt speech, correspondence, and a 1917 publication entitled "Life of a County Doctor" by Isaac A. McSwain.
Biographical file includes correspondence, memorial program, news clippings, photographs, and obituary.
Biographical file published obituary from the American Journal of Roentgenolgy v. 37, no. 4.
Biographical file includes photographs, correspondence, academic journal articles, newspaper articles, obituary, publications, published poetry, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes photographs, CV, bibilography, honors, clippings, articles, writings, and correspondence.
Biographical file includes a VUMC Reporter article dated January 24, 2003.
Biographical file includes obituary.
Biographical file contains newspaper clippings.
Biographical file contains photograph.
Biographical file contains several newspaper clippings, numerous academic journal articles, obituaries, and a program from a memorial service.
Biographical file includes obituary.
Biographical file includes photograph.
Biographical file includes correspondence, obituary, memorial program, and a copy of a paper by Ward DeWitt relating to Dr. Peerman.
Biographical file includes newspaper clippings about the Anerobic blood-sampling machine used in the 1960s as well as some photographs.
Biographical file includes notes on the history of the 300th General Hospital, photographs, newsletters from 300th General Hospital, and biographical information about Reyer.
- VUMC Historical Images and Biographies 96
- Eskind Biomedical Library Manuscripts Collection 9
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 104
- VUMC History 63
- Military Medicine 53
- Surgery 22
- Internal Medicine 18
- Medicine 17
- Women in Medicine 16
- Pediatrics 10
- Tennessee History 10
- Pathology 8
- Professional Associations 7
- Cardiology 6
- Vanderbilt History 6
- Obstetrics/Gynecology 5
- Preventive Medicine 5
- Anatomy 4
- Cellular/Molecular Biology 4
- Epidemiology/Public Health 4
- History of Medicine 4
- Medical Education 4
- Psychiatry 4
- Infectious Diseases 3
- Oncology 3
- Physiology 3
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine 3
- Anesthesiology 2
- Dermatology 2
- Education, Medical -- Tennessee 2
- Endocrinology 2
- Health Administration 2
- Meharry Medical College 2
- Nursing 2
- Surgery -- history 2
- Urology 2
- Biochemistry 1
- Biology 1
- Cardiology/history 1
- Dentistry 1
- Ethics 1
- Fascia 1
- Gastroenterology 1
- Heart Catheterization/history 1
- Hematology 1
- Library and Information Technology 1
- Neurology 1
- Nutrition 1
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital 1
- Orthopedics 1
- Otolaryngology 1
- Pharmacology/Toxicology 1
- Public Health -- history -- Tennessee 1
- Radiology 1
- Tennessee. Dept. of Health and Environment -- history 1
- United States. Public Health Service. Office of the Surgeon General 1
- University of Nashville 1
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni Association 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine -- history 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine. Dept. of Pediatrics 1
- Women's Health 1 ∧ less
- Austin, Theodore Roe 2
- West, Olin 2
- Abbey, Daniel 1
- Abbey, Stanton T. 1
- Baehr, George 1
- Bass, Allan D. 1
- Burch, Lucius E. 1
- Fishbein, Morris 1
- Foshee, J. Clinton (John Clinton) 1
- Freer, Arden 1
- Hunt, John Scott 1
- Kampmeier, Rudolph H. (Rudolph Herman), 1898- 1
- Morgan, Hugh Jackson 1
- Page, Harry L., Jr. (Harry Lee) (1934-2022) 1
- Park, Edwards A. (Edwards Albert) 1
- Riley, Harris D. 1
- Rivers, Thomas M. (Thomas Milton) 1
- Sharpiro, John L. Shapiro JL 1
- Spencer, Frank C Spencer FC 1
- Strode, George K. 1
- Witt, W. H. (William Henry) 1 ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.