Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 105
Biographical file includes photograph, reprint of correspondence, and other biographical information.
Personal papers of John Clinton Foshee, surgeon and Vanderbilt alum and professor who practiced in Grand Rapids Michigan. Materials include: reprints, correspondence, manuscripts, speeches, biographical material, and laboratory data.
Biographical file includes photographs (including slides of Dr. Frist and Dr. John A. Oates) numerous news clippings, press release, speech, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes news clipping, and funeral program.
Biographical file includes articles from American Magazine as well as handwritten notes, clippings, and an academic paper.
Biographical file includes memorial service information, news clippings, diary entries, obituary, and Vanderbilt faculty catalogue reprints.
Biographical file includes photographic portrait, curriculum vitae, reprints research notes and photographs related to his reserch on histoplasmosis, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes speech, news clippings, and photographs.
Biographical file contains an obituary and an extensive article about Dr. Grossman's accomplishments published by St. Thomas Hospital in the 1990s.
Biographical file includes photographs, academic articles, magazine article, generous correspondence, notes, several biographical sketches/bibliographies, reprints, obituary, news clippings, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes a memorial entry from the Tennessee Medical Society Transaction, 1891.
Biographical file includes obituary and excerpts from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine: The Story in Pictures From Its Beginning to 1963.
Biographical file includes photographs and biographical sketch.
Biographical file includes memoriam article, alumni directory reprint, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes photographs, obituaries, academic journal reprint, and biographical reviews of Jones' works and life.
Biographical file includes photograph.
Biographical file includes correspondence and a copy of a manuscript entitled "James Claude Kimbrough: The Father of Modern U.S. Army Urology," written by Judd W. Moul, M.D.
Biographical file includes photographs and reprints of biographical entries.
- VUMC Historical Images and Biographies 96
- Eskind Biomedical Library Manuscripts Collection 9
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 104
- VUMC History 63
- Military Medicine 53
- Surgery 22
- Internal Medicine 18
- Medicine 17
- Women in Medicine 16
- Pediatrics 10
- Tennessee History 10
- Pathology 8
- Professional Associations 7
- Cardiology 6
- Vanderbilt History 6
- Obstetrics/Gynecology 5
- Preventive Medicine 5
- Anatomy 4
- Cellular/Molecular Biology 4
- Epidemiology/Public Health 4
- History of Medicine 4
- Medical Education 4
- Psychiatry 4
- Infectious Diseases 3
- Oncology 3
- Physiology 3
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine 3
- Anesthesiology 2
- Dermatology 2
- Education, Medical -- Tennessee 2
- Endocrinology 2
- Health Administration 2
- Meharry Medical College 2
- Nursing 2
- Surgery -- history 2
- Urology 2
- Biochemistry 1
- Biology 1
- Cardiology/history 1
- Dentistry 1
- Ethics 1
- Fascia 1
- Gastroenterology 1
- Heart Catheterization/history 1
- Hematology 1
- Library and Information Technology 1
- Neurology 1
- Nutrition 1
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital 1
- Orthopedics 1
- Otolaryngology 1
- Pharmacology/Toxicology 1
- Public Health -- history -- Tennessee 1
- Radiology 1
- Tennessee. Dept. of Health and Environment -- history 1
- United States. Public Health Service. Office of the Surgeon General 1
- University of Nashville 1
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni Association 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine -- history 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine. Dept. of Pediatrics 1
- Women's Health 1 ∧ less
- Austin, Theodore Roe 2
- West, Olin 2
- Abbey, Daniel 1
- Abbey, Stanton T. 1
- Baehr, George 1
- Bass, Allan D. 1
- Burch, Lucius E. 1
- Fishbein, Morris 1
- Foshee, J. Clinton (John Clinton) 1
- Freer, Arden 1
- Hunt, John Scott 1
- Kampmeier, Rudolph H. (Rudolph Herman), 1898- 1
- Morgan, Hugh Jackson 1
- Page, Harry L., Jr. (Harry Lee) (1934-2022) 1
- Park, Edwards A. (Edwards Albert) 1
- Riley, Harris D. 1
- Rivers, Thomas M. (Thomas Milton) 1
- Sharpiro, John L. Shapiro JL 1
- Spencer, Frank C Spencer FC 1
- Strode, George K. 1
- Witt, W. H. (William Henry) 1 ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.