Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 22
Many photographs, including photos of important medals won by Dr. Avery; register for Oswald Avery Papers which are held by the Tennessee State Library and Archives; obituaries; memorial tributes; CV; professional articles; correspondence with his brother,Roy Avery; unpublished article about Dr. Avery authored by Robert Collins, MD.
Biographical file includes a wealth of newspaper clippings and academic articles addressing Dr. Blaser's research, a curriculum vitae, a Vanderbilt press release, a number of Blaser's own articles, some television news transcripts, correspondence, and photographs.
Biographical file includes two national magazine articles.
Biographical file includes two photographs.
Biographical file includes two photographs and an obituary.
Biographical file includes curriculum vitae, photographs, obituary, clippings and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research 'Memorial Meeting for Simon Flexner' booklets, 1943 Science journal testimonial article, and other biographical information.
Biographical file includes biographical notes, photograph, generous correspondence, news clippings, and academic journal articles.
Personal papers of epidemiologist and infectious disease specialist Joseph Goldberger, Materials include correspondence, notebooks, manuscripts, reports and reprints. Correspondents include: C.H. Lavinder, Fayette Dunlap, Carl Voegtlin, William P. Jacobs, W.F. Tanner, G.A. Wheeler, Mary Farrar Goldberger, Seale Harris, W.H. Sebrell, Tom D. Spies, William De Kleine, O.S. Rask, H. Jackson Davis. This collection pertains primarily to Goldberger's studies of pellagra.
Biographical file includes news clippings, obituary, and photographs.
Biographical file includes news clippings and reprints of Vanderbilt University faculty minutes.
Biographical file includes news clippings and a 1958 National Tuberculosis Association publication.
Biographical file includes obituary and information on the Koenig Visiting Professorship of Medicine.
Biographical file includes correspondence, memorial program, news clippings, photographs, and obituary.
Biographical file contains photograph.
Papers of Robert Quinn, Vanderbilt professor (1952-1978). The collection consists primarily of reprints, but includes one folder of material concerning the Vanderbilt Family Clinic including: correspondence, memos, statistics, reports, forms, questionnaires, patient lists, and administrative guidelines.
Biographical file includes several magazine articles and newspaper clippings, a wealth of photographs, DVD, memorials, a CV, obituaries, a copy of 'Vanderbilt Alumnus' (Jan./Feb. 1968), and a memorial pamphlet from the New York Academy of Medicine (March 30, 1995).
- Subject: Infectious Diseases X
- VUMC Historical Images and Biographies 17
- Eskind Biomedical Library Manuscripts Collection 5
- Vanderbilt University. Medical Center (VUMC) -- History 11
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 8
- Epidemiology/Public Health 6
- Cellular/Molecular Biology 5
- Pediatrics 4
- Pathology 3
- Nutrition 2
- Professional Associations 2
- Women in Medicine 2
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (U.S.) 1
- Arthritis, Rheumatoid 1
- Biology 1
- Communicable Diseases -- in infancy 1
- Genetics/Developmental Biology 1
- Goldberger, Joseph, 1874-1929 1
- Goodpasture, Ernest William, 1886-1960 1
- HIV/AIDS 1
- Haemophilus Influenzae -- history 1
- History of Medicine 1
- Immunization -- in infancy 1
- Immunology/Allergy 1
- Influenza 1
- Medicine 1
- Molecular/Cellular Biology 1
- Nursing 1
- Oncology 1
- Pathology -- history 1
- Pediatrics -- history 1
- Pellagra 1
- Physical Examination 1
- Physiology 1
- Preventive Medicine 1
- Pulmonology 1
- Rheumatic Diseases 1
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases 1
- Streptococcal Infections 1
- Syphilis 1
- Tuberculosis 1
- United States. Public Health Service -- history 1 + ∧ less
- Branscomb, Harvie 1
- Darby, William J. (WIlliam Jefferson) 1
- Davis, H. Jackson 1
- De Kleine, William 1
- Dunlap, Fayette 1
- Frye, William W. (William Wesley) 1
- Goldberger, Joseph 1
- Goodpasture, Ernest William 1
- Gregg, Alan 1
- Harris, Seale 1
- Hektoen, Ludvig 1
- Jacobs, William P. 1
- Kampmeier, Rudolph H. (Rudolph Herman) 1
- Lamson, Paul Dudley 1
- Lavinder, C. H. (Claude Hervey) 1
- Leathers, Waller S. (Waller Smith) 1
- Longcope, Warfield T. (Warfield Theobald) 1
- Mellanby, Edward, Sir 1
- Quinn, Robert W. 1
- Rask, Olaf Selmer 1
- Riley, Harris D. 1
- Robinson, George Canby 1
- Sebrell, W.H. (William Henry) 1
- Sell, Sarah H. 1
- Spies, Tom D. (Tom Douglas) 1
- Tanner, W. F. 1
- Voegtlin, Carl 1
- Wheeler, G. A. (George Alexander) 1
- Whipple, Allen Oldfather 1
- Whipple, George Hoyt 1
- Youmans, John B. (John Barlow) 1 + ∧ less
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.