Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The collection consists of portraits of the visiting professors who presented series of lectures at Vanderbilt School of Medicine in honor of Dr. Morgan.
Collection of selected correspondence of Dr. W. David Strayhorn, Sr. who was a physician, cardiologist, and teacher associaed with the Vanderiblt School of Medicine and Hostpital. Correspondents include: Alfred Blalock, C. Sidney Burwell, R.H. Kampmeier, H.J. Morgan, J.B. Youmans, and John W. Patterson.
- Names: Morgan, Hugh Jackson X
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine 2
- Cardiology 1
- Cardiology -- history 1
- Education, Medical -- Tennessee 1
- Epidemiology/Public Health 1
- History of Medicine, 20th Cent., United States, Tennessee, Rural Health 1
- Medical Education 1
- Meharry Medical College 1
- Military Medicine 1
- United States. Public Health Service. Office of the Surgeon General 1
- VUMC History 1
- Vanderbilt University--Alumni 1
- Vanderbilt University. Dept. of Medicine 1
- Vanderbilt University. School of Medicine -- history 1 ∧ less
- Burwell, C. Sidney (Charles Sidney) 2
- Baehr, George 1
- Blalock, Alfred 1
- Fishbein, Morris 1
- Freer, Arden 1
About this Site
This site contains collection guides, or finding aids, to the archival collections held by Vanderbilt University Special Collections and University Archives, the History of Medicine Collection, and the Scarritt Bennett Center. Finding aids describe the context, arrangement, and structure of archival materials, allowing users to identify and request materials relevant to their research.
Each finding aid contains a link to request materials from the collections. Collections can also be requested by emailing the repository directly through the library website. Each repository has its own location, hours, and contact information. Please consult the repository with questions about using the materials. Collections are non-circulating and must be used in the repository’s reading room. In many cases, the collections are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.