Scarritt College Promotional Materials Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection of four Hollinger boxes contains promotional materials, articles, correspondence and items for Scarritt College in Nashville, TN from 1924-1988.
- circa 1920-circa 1988
Conditions Governing Access
Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 24 hours is needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact: The Virginia Davis Laskey Library, Scarritt-Bennett Center, Nashville, TN.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact: The Virginia Davis Laskey Library, Scarritt-Bennett Center, Nashville, TN.
Biographical / Historical
Scarritt College was founded in 1892 in Kansas City, Missouri. Scarritt Bible and Training School moved to Nashville, Tennessee in 1924 and was renamed Scarritt College for Christian Workers. In May 1981, the Scarritt College undergraduate program was terminated, and Scarritt Graduate School opened. Scarritt Graduate School was terminated in 1988, and Scarritt-Bennett Center opened.
4 Linear Feet (4 regular boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains documents, articles, and general promotional material regarding Scarritt College from approximately 1924-1988.
This collection is arranged into files by decade.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection is property of The Virginia Davis Laskey Library, Scarritt-Bennett Center, Nashville, TN.
- Finding Aid for Scarritt College Promotional Material
- In Progress
- Brenda Clampitt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Scarritt Bennett Center - Laskey Library and Archives Repository
Virginia Davis Laskey Library and Archives
1027 18th Avenue South
Nashville TN 37212