McClure, Christopher C. (1892-1967)
- 1918 - 1978
Notes about Access to this Collection
All collections are subject to applicable VUMC privacy and confidentiality policies.
Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Historical or Biographical Note
Christopher C. McClure received his M.D. from Vanderbilt in 1918. After conducting private practice in surgery with Dr. Lucius Burch for two years, McClure served as an 'assistant in X ray' at Vanderbilt, as the Vanderbilt catalog lists. During the period between 1925 to 1929, McClure is listed in the catalog as 'instructor in charge of radiology.' Many Vanderbilt doctors credit McClure with the founding of the radiology department at the school.
McClure became assistant professor of clinical radiology at Vanderbilt in 1931. he served on both the faculty and clinical faculty intermittently from 1928 to 1967 and was named professor emeritus in radiology in 1958.
Language of Materials
Biographical file includes 1918 Tennessee medical license, article, negative of McClure's retirement from active service at the First Presbyterian Church of Nashville, and medical equipment photographs.
Part of the VUMC Historical Images and Biographies Repository
Eskind Biomedical Library
2209 Garland Ave.
Nashville TN 37232