Karzon, David Theodore (1920-2010)
- 1968 - 1996
Notes about Access to this Collection
Historical or Biographical Note
In 1970, after building support both within the community and within the university, Dr. Karzon persuaded the Vanderbilt Board of Trustees to establish the Children's Regional Medical Center (CRMC), which was housed within the existing Vanderbilt University Medical Center. In 1971, the Junior League Home for Crippled Children, an acclaimed freestanding hospital with a long history in the community, officially moved into the CRMC. By 1971, the name was changed to the Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt University. Karzon was named pediatrician in-chief and medical director of the Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt in 1971.
Karzon was honored with an endowed pediatrics chair in his name in 1989. He was awarded the title of Professor of Pediatrics, Emeritus, in 1996.
Language of Materials
Part of the VUMC Historical Images and Biographies Repository
Eskind Biomedical Library
2209 Garland Ave.
Nashville TN 37232